Each year Fast Company recognizes the companies putting in painstaking effort to advance their respective fields through new methods of design and innovation in their annual Most Innovative issue.
This year, we are honored and excited to be named to that list of 2017’s Most Innovative Companies. Africa is the largest untapped talent pool in the world, and we are quite fortunate to be in a position to help unlock the potential of the continent. This accolade further validates the incredible work of our developers and we’re proud to see their achievements highlighted on the international stage. It’s a privilege to be featured alongside a list of respected African companies working to disrupt their industries. Congrats to all the winners and thank you Fast Company!
- Andela – For nurturing first-class coders
- MFS Africa – For facilitating cross-currency payments
- Gro Intelligence – For tilling agricultural data
- Wilderness Safari – For using luxury travel to fuel conservation
- iROKO – For streaming Nigeria’s Nollywood
- WeFarm – For helping farmers spread their knowledge
- SafeMotos – For letting Rwandans hail a safer ride
- Podozi – For devising cosmetics for diverse complexions
- Njorku – For making job searching simpler
- Zuvaa – For bringing African-inspired apparel to global shoppers